Monday, January 14, 2008

CALIFORNICATION

Californication is a Showtime 12-part series production created by Tom Kapinos and starring David Duchovny as Hank Moody, a troubled novelist whose move to Los Angeles and problems with his job complicate the relationships with his ex-girlfriend Karen (Natascha McElhone) and daughter Becca (Madeleine Martin).

I hoped I was going love this show after watching the pilot episode. I have not been disappointed with a subsequent episode yet. Below is the very first scene from that pilot episode.

Duchovny's character says things about Los Angeles, the people who live there and the creative writing process that have been bouncing around in my brain pan ever since I lived in sunny Cali.

Hank Moody gets away with things we wish we can without serious injury, law suits or jail time. But that, my friends, is the art of fiction.

Congrats to Duchovny on winning the Golden Globe for his portrayal of Hank Moody. Check this series out as soon as its available!
 

web page counters
Internet Service Provider